Before you can use the Services, you will have to create an account. You will create a user ID and a password. Personal information does not include your user ID (also known as a member name, username or other online alias) you provide in the course of registering with or using the Website, except in circumstances in which we request that users provide their email addresses as their screen names.
When you purchase Services from us, we may note, for example, the type of Services requested or purchased and the date of the order or purchase, in addition to credit card information related to the purchase. You may provide us other types of Personal Information when you visit the Website, including when you participate in activities on the Website such as sweepstakes, contests, games and informational and promotional offers, and when you provide information to our customer service representatives. Finally, our Website may offer message boards, conversation pages, chat rooms, social community environments, profile pages and other public forums in which you may provide us with text, photographs, video materials or other submissions. When you use any of these features, the Personal Information you provide may be publicly posted and otherwise disclosed without limitation as to its use by a third party.
In addition to information that you provide us, we automatically track certain information based upon your behavior on the Website and in connection with the Services. We use data collection devices, such as cookies or web beacons, on certain pages of the Website to help analyze our web page flow, website performance and structure content, store your user preferences, and track and enhance your experience as a user on the Website. Cookies are pieces of information that a website transfers to an individual's computer for record keeping purposes. These cookies will be placed as a text file in the browser of your computer. Web beacons are small pieces of data that are embedded in images on the pages of the Website. Cookies, web beacons and other technical methods may involve the transmission of information either directly to us or to another party authorized by us to collect information on our behalf. Other information that we may automatically collect includes computer type; browser-type and plug-ins; operating system; java script enables; domain registration and configuration; and city and country. Additionally, we may automatically collect the Uniform Resource Locator (the "URL") of the web pages that you view. The URL is the location of the web page. We may collect the URL that you just came from (whether this URL is on the Website or not), which URL you next go to (whether this URL is on the Website or not), your computer browser information and your Internet Protocol ("IP") address. Your IP address is a unique numerical address consisting of four numbers separated by periods which provides the location to an individual computer on the Internet. IP addresses are used to designate the computer from which you are accessing the Website.
2. Our Use of Your Information. We use the Personal Information that you provide to us to provide the Services to you and to contact you with information about our products and services, including reports and customer notifications. We use the information that we automatically collect from you and your Personal Information to structure content for you to view, for marketing purposes, to improve the performance and availability of our Website, and to provide customer support. You agree that we may use Personal Information about you to market to you, better target your interests, analyze Website usage, improve our content, and customize the Website's content, layout, and services. We use "cookies" to help analyze our web page flow, measure promotional effectiveness, and store your user preferences. We use aggregate information to measure Website performance and identify trends in customer use. These uses improve the Website and better tailor it to meet your needs, so as to provide you with a smooth, efficient, safe and customized experience while using the Website. You agree that we may use your Personal Information to contact you and deliver information to you that you have requested and that is targeted to your interests. You may receive administrative notices and communications relevant to your use of the Website. By accepting the Privacy Statement, you expressly agree to our use and our service providers' right to receive and use this information.
3. Release of Information. Except as expressly set forth herein, we do not loan, give away, sell, distribute or rent your Personal Information to any entity with which we are not affiliated, or to any third party. We will disclose your Personal Information to third parties if you have previously consented to such disclosures and in special circumstances, including, but not limited to, the sale or merger of iAdvantage or its assets, the due diligence in connection with a potential sale of iAdvantage, any bankruptcy, insolvency or liquidation of iAdvantage, or in other similar circumstances.
We may provide aggregated, non-personally identifiable information to iAdvantage Suppliers and other third parties for any legal purposes whatsoever, such as the number of users who searched for a particular term or item, or how many users clicked on a particular page or item on the Website. Such aggregated information does not identify you personally.
4. How We Protect and Store Personal Information. We protect your Personal Information by maintaining physical, electronic and procedural safeguards in compliance with applicable U.S. federal and state regulations. We use computer safeguards such as firewalls and data encryption, and we authorize access to Personal Information only for those employees who require it to fulfill their job responsibilities. ALTHOUGH WE EMPLOY MANY DIFFERENT SECURITY TECHNIQUES TO PROTECT SUCH DATA FROM UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS BY USERS, ABSOLUTE SECURITY DOES NOT EXIST ON THE INTERNET.
5. How to Access or Change Your Personal Information. You may access and modify your Personal Information at any time by logging onto your user account. You may unsubscribe from receiving emails, and other correspondence from us including, but not limited to, faxes and U.S. postal service mail, at any time by using the link, by contacting us using the information included at the bottom of each email communication, or by sending us an email at unsubscribe@iAdvantage.com.
In some limited circumstances, such as to resolve disputes, troubleshoot problems and enforce our Terms and Conditions, we may retain in our files information you have requested us to remove. Further, your Personal Information is never completely removed from our databases due to technical constraints and the fact that we back up our systems. Therefore, you should not expect that all of your Personal Information will be completely removed from our databases in response to your requests.
We reserve the right to send you certain communications related to this Website that are considered part of your account, such as technical alerts, without offering you the opportunity to opt out of receiving them. In some cases, your account may expire or be terminated under our Terms and Conditions. If so, you may contact us at info@iAdvantageSolutions.com to update your information and opt-out choices (to the extent that we still retain them).
6. Children's Online Privacy. This Website is not intended for use by children under 13. As part of our compliance with the Children's Online Privacy Protection Act, we do not knowingly collect names and email addresses from children under 13. In the event a child under the age of 13 submits a request or question to us on the Website and identifies his or her age, we may use the child's email address for the sole purpose of responding to the child's question on a one-time-only basis. However, we will not use the child's email address for subsequent contact with the child, and we will delete that address from our records once we have responded. If we become aware that we have unknowingly collected Personal Information from a child under the age of 13, we will make reasonable efforts to delete such information from our database.
We do not sell or knowingly divulge ANY personally identifiable information regarding children under 13 to iAdvantage Suppliers or any other third parties, unless otherwise required to comply with applicable laws, to comply with a court order or subpoena, to enforce our Terms and Conditions, or to protect the safety and security of our users and our Website.
Children should check with their parent or guardian before entering personally identifiable information on any website, and we urge parents and guardians to discuss with their kids restrictions regarding the online release of personally identifiable information to anyone they don't know.
11. Your California Privacy Rights. California Civil Code section 1798.83 permits individual Website users who are California residents to request and obtain from us once a year, free of charge, a list of the third parties to whom we have disclosed their Personal Information (if any) for their direct marketing purposes in the prior calendar year, as well as the type of Personal Information disclosed to those parties. If you are a California resident and would like to request this information, please submit your request in an email to info@iAdvantageSolutions.com.
Last Updated March 5, 2012.